Monday 25 February 2008

The happy blog

I love this blog by Jen Lemen ! She said ''I have lived in serious community with various neighbors and friends for most of my adult life. This includes sharing meals, taking money off your dresser when I’m broke (sorry Ray) and generally spending 80% of our waking non-working hours doing life together. While some people would find this stifling, this has been a great source of joy for me and my family. I only realized recently that this was something I try to create and not something that happens by magic (though I’m sure some magic sure does help).''

I wish I could live like that and love and trust the way she does. I wish I could embrace life and live it and not be bogged down by stifling rules and protocol, and lack of freedom and caring. Believing that if you give an inch people will take a mile! maybe they would and maybe they do, but is it worth the risk and worth taking the chance? What would jesus do in my community? How would He live - I wish i knew! He would not preserve Himself to the point of selfish living - what is the point?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Jen loves Landies too! :-) She's an awesome woman with a wonderful family and unique view of what community can be.

Shirley Moss said...

Yes, thanks Michelle, it seems so from her blog- which i came across by chance when surfing the blog world! She is sooo positive and inspirational. Figures that she loves Landys too!